Trip Deposit & Terms
For all deposits and payments please use the PayPal button at the bottom of the page
Here is a full list of all our trip charges and deposit required
6hr Reef/Bank - £45 pp - £10 pp deposit - Max 8 People
8hr Reef/Bank - £55 pp - £10 deposit - Max 8 People
9hr Wrecking - £70 pp - £15 deposit - Max 8 People
10hr+ Shark/Predator Trips - £120 Per Person £650 (Whole Boat) - Max 6 People
£30 deposit required per person.
Whole Boat Booking - 6 hour - £450 - 8 hour - £550 - 9 hour - £650
£150 deposit required
A booking will be provisional until we receive a deposit, name and telephone number.
The balance of the fee is payable on the day of the trip.
On the day, we can only accept cash as payment for the remainder of the fee, no cheques or credits cards.
If your fishing trip is cancelled due to weather conditions or boat malfunction, we will either issue a refund of the deposits paid or propose a suitable alternative date.
Big Buoy Charters does not accept any responsibility for any expenses incurred by individuals if trips have to be cancelled for mechanical breakdown, weather or other unforeseen circumstances
All charters are subject to weather conditions. We reserve the right to cancel any trip due to bad weather (even at short notice), although we will endeavour to contact you, by telephone, by 7pm the day before your trip.
There are two key factors we need to consider, wind and swell. Depending on how these two factors are impacting will determine if we are able to head out or not. Big Buoy Charters decision is final with due regard to safety and common sense.
Please note if you wish to cancel your booking after paying your deposit (up to 2 weeks before sailing date) a fee of £10 or 10% (whichever is greater) will be subtracted from your refund. This fee is to cover the expense of re-advertising and administration costs.
Any one cancelling inside the 2 weeks prior will forfeit any deposit in full.
Terms of Business
* Deposits against bookings must be paid before a booking can be confirmed.
* Deposits paid are fully refundable if a cancellation is rendered necessary by Big Buoy Charters i.e. :- Bad weather or breakdowns. If this happens an alternative date would be offered first.
* Full payment must be made either 7 days prior to the trip via the PayPal button on our web site or by cash on the day. French and Alderney trips full payment is required 14 days prior to the trip.
* If the situation should arise that for some reason you have to cancel. 7 days’ notice or in the case of the French and Alderney trips 14 days’ notice is required to enable us to try to rebook your trip? If successful your deposit would be refunded to you in full.
* It should be noted that a complete no show of person or persons without prior notice, would still incur the full cost of the charter.
* By paying a deposit you are accepting these terms.
* Rod and Reel hire. These are hired on the understanding that they are your responsibility and as such, losses and damage above and beyond reasonable use will have to be paid for.
* Tackle can be purchased from Big Buoy on a cost to the boat basis.
* Finally, alcohol can be consumed on the boat on your charter if it is in a responsible fashion. The skipper’s decision with regard to a person or persons amount of alcohol consumed is final.
* Passports are required on both French and Alderney trips.
Thank you for reading and accepting these terms.
Insurance and Legal
Any person taking their own equipment onto the boat, do so at their own risk. Big Buoy Charters will not be responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings.
Anything you catch, you can keep if above legal minimum landing size and not subject to a landing ban.
Tope and Ray are tagged and released.
Any medical conditions that might affect a customer during the trip MUST be reported in confidence at the time of booking,
Big Buoy Charters maintains Public Liability Insurance.
Marketing and Promotion
Throughout the trip we take photos and video (without audio). By accepting these conditions, you agree that Big Buoy Charters may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever.
If you do not wish to have your photographs published, please notify us at the time of booking.